Beyond the Book: Open Road Summer by Emery Lord


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 

Open Road Summer
"As he walks out the door, I blatantly check out his ass. Whatever. I can't help it. Annoying as he can be, the guy was born for a pair of Levi's."
Pg. 193

     Although this book was basically pubbed by the fact that there's best friends in it, there is a little more romance in this story and I loved it a little more than the womance. With this book being about a country singer, her best friend, and another male country singer all on the road, I naturally thought of a country singer. Taylor Swift. And with the romance being so troubled but yet so perfect, I started thinking about Swift's songs! Here is the plot of Open Road Summer in Taylor Swift songs! If you listen to them in this order, it will be as if you read the book! 

     When the book starts, Matt joins the tour to help make a bad situation better. In that situation, he becomes Dee's boyfriend. It's obvious that Reagan likes him and wants him to herself. This made me think of 'You Belong With Me." 


     Matt mentions someone that broke up with him because they didn't want to be with a normal guy. I know this isn't how he portrays it, but it made me think of "We are Never Getting Back Together"

     That night on 4th of July you can see the transition of things begin to happen. It's a really weird time when it's obvious that things are changing and Reagan isn't sure she wants them to. This made me think of "Everything has Changed." 

     When they finally got it together, I kept playing "Our Song" in my head. It was just the perfect song to me because being from the country (but in Texas) I can definitely relate to all the things that make up their song. Along with crickets and being able to smell fresh air instead of air filled with smog!

     Ok, things happen and Reagan is PISSED. But who wouldn't be? This was a serious situation. And after this happens, Reagan turns into that girl that wants nothing to do with someone. And it reminds me of "Picture to Burn." 

<3

(I do not own any of these songs. They all belong to Taylor Swift and company. These songs were merely used to help publicize this book and Taylor Swift.)

     I'm hoping this didn't turn into a Taylor Swift fan girl post, but hey, this book definitely reminded me of her! 

Have you ever had a book remind you of music or a singer?



Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 

Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book! 

Labels: